Bindery Workers Wanted
Spartan Printing is growing and we would like you to grow with us, if your looking for an opportunity to be a part of an established leading organization. Spartan Printing has an exciting opportunity for a Production Equipment Operator to join our company! In this role, you will be responsible for operating various equipment and completing general maintenance functions on this equipment. Printing or production experience preferred. This is a 2nd shift position 9pm to 7am.
What will you do?
• Perform basic maintenance functions: belts, fuses, lubrication, bearings, adjustments, etc.
• Provide assistance as need in general training of line workers
• Comply with all in house procedures.
• Meet or exceed all rate expectations.
• Measure paper per job specifications.
• Prepare set-ups on cutting equipment per job specifications for new or existing programs
• Operate the jogging table.
• Operate a pallet mover.
• Use floor hoists.
• Change blade and handle equipment maintenance as necessary.
Skills & Requirements
What is required?
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school education or equivalent
• 1 – 4 years’ experience with bindery equipment preferred
• Knowledge of cutting equipment
• Knowledge of printing industry and/or production environment preferred.
What skills does it take to be successful as an Operator?
COMMUNICATION: Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written communication form information to internal/external vendors/clients, staff and management.
COGNITIVE LISTENING: Pertaining to the mental processes of perceiving, thinking, and remembering; Awareness with perception, reasoning and judgment; ability to think, learn and retain.
DECISION MAKING: Ability to collect the necessary information and listen to others to make decisions regarding project(s) and processes.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Work with a variety of personalities and skill sets across Units and / or departments
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic mathematical operations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to compute ratios and percentages.
PRIORITIZATION: Handle frequent interruptions yet refocus on the task at hand or determine the most important tasks. Adapt to a fast paced, high stress and changing environment.
ORGANIZATION: Ensure information can be found easily and tasks are completed on time. Pay attention to details. Maintain accuracy and quality.
• Ability to work overtime and different shifts when needed
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 517-372-6910 for more information.